Check out my Ebook & other Digital Products

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Last nite's concert...

Last nite's concert was superb, it redefines my perception on concerts. For the first time in my life, ive attended a concert  filled with Praises and the adoration of our Creator, ALLAH the Almighty...Subhanallah...the ambience was beautiful and the energy was strong yet peaceful...

I arrived at the Maher Zain's concert carnival approximately at 7pm, stopped by a few booths selling Islamic books and cds and dvds. I was amazed as i looked at all of the goods being sold at the carnival, I am not saying that the goods were extraordinary or luxurious, i was referring to how appealing it all looked, the layout, the energy it projected...the colourful banners and of course the colourful people..

One striking yet not a peculiar scene during the carnival was the long queue of Muslim guys waiting for their turn to carry out the Ablution or wudu', this was due to the fact that the wudu' area is just beside the praying tents, furthermore the Maghrib prayers was approaching. It was an amazing sight, long queues and there were more Muslimin and Muslimat praying in an open area, spreaded their mats and proceeded with their prayers...it was filled with serenity...

In the tents where the food sellers were located, people flocked there with excitement, i could understand the reasons why people were looking so hungry and their high level of interest in the simple food being sold, perhaps it was due to the flow of energy, enthusiasm and also anticipation while waiting for the concert to commence... I was hungry actually, then ive decided to just buy myself 2 pieces of currypuffs although the Sup Tulang and Lamb kebab did look amazingly delicious....

As I was standing beside the stage where the backdrop was a picture of Maher Zain holding a microphone, ive decided to snap a photo, however snapping my own photo would have made me look funny, so ive asked one of the two guys who were standing nearby. One of the most remembered moments prior to the concert was when those two guys were looking excruciatingly reluctant, (looking almost like they were ready to run away) in accepting my request and that was to snap a few pictures of myself standing on the stage with Maher Zain's backdrop. Finally, one of them who was gentleman enough agreed to snap few pictures as i handed my camera to him. I thanked the gentleman and ask him and his friend were they also waiting for their turns to carry out the ablution? They replied that they already carried out their ablution, then it struck me where ive got my answer pertaining to their peculiar behaviours, i was thinking it was just a simple request and dont tell me that it would create a big scene...finally, that hesitant look was due to fact that they were in a state of ablution....ooooh i seeeee....

8.15pm, entered the stadium and immediately looked for my seat...Thank Allah for giving me a seat which was facing the centre of the stage. While waiting for the stadium to be filled with people, i prayed that hopefully the person who is going to sit in the front seat is not a big sized person, guess what? yup, it was a big tree who sat in front of me...cry cry cry...moral of the story...you attract what you think....huhuuhuhu.....but a miracle happened, 20 mins later, the lady beside me got up and sat next to her friend which was 5 seats away.... how lucky i was...so i got up and moved to the next seat and i had the best view....Thank you Allah...

With all of the sing along, tried to control myself of not to move too much or sing too loud, the concert was a blast....breathtaking performances, Maher Zain was mesmerizing, another singer known as Mesut Curtis with his lovely voice projection and melodious songs, happiness filled the air as the Praises and Thanks to the Lord of the Heavens and Earth lingered for approximately 3 hours......


The experience as a whole...it can be summarised as superb and amazing!

Thank you Allah for the opportunity!

(^^;)

No comments:

Post a Comment